Cornmeal Waffle RecipeCategory: Bisquick Waffle Recipes
These waffles are easy and quick to make. Enjoy with honey.
1. Semolina ground wheat (1 1/2c)
2. whole wheat flour (3/4c)
3. baking soda (1tbsp plus1 1/2tsp)
4. brown sugar (1tbsp plus 1 1/2tsp)
5. egg yolks (2)
6. egg whites (4)
7. canola oil (3tbsp plus 1/2tsp)
8. low fat buttermilk (2 1/2c)
9. granulated sugar (1tbsp plus 1/2tsp)
10. fine cornmeal (1/2c)
11. honey (1c)
12. lavender (1tsp)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a bowl. Mix all the dry ingredients and a pinch of salt in it. Keep it aside.
2. Take another bowl, mix egg yolk, buttermilk and oil in it. Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture to form batter.
3. Beat egg white with hand beater. Add it into the batter. Pour the batter with spoon onto the waffle iron. Cook the waffles until gets golden for about 3 to 4 minutes. Keep them warm in oven. Repeat this process 3 times to make more waffles.
To make sauce:-
1. Mix honey and lavender in a small pot and place it on heat. Take off from the heat and keep it for 30 minutes.
2. Then strain honey in a jar and throw out the lavender. Serve the warm waffles with honey.