This is the best recipe. It uses bread, milk, eggs, sugar and cream.
1. Bread cubes (7c.)
2. peeled, cored and diced apple (1sm.)
3. grated lemon zest (1tsp.)
4. baking powder (1/2tsp.)
5. all purpose flour (1/3c.)
6. unsalted butter melted and cooled (6tbsp.)
7. raisin (1/2c.)
8. ground cinnamon (1/2tsp.)
9. salt (1/2tsp.)
10. vanilla extract (2tsp.)
11. white sugar (2/3c.)
12. eggs lightly beaten (4large)
13. milk (1c.)
14. half & half or light cream (1 cup or 240 ml)
Method of preparation
1. First heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place the rack in oven. Grease the muffin cups.
2. Take a large bowl. Put bread cubes in it, then add cream and milk in it. Keep it for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes add beaten eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla in it.
3. Take another bowl. Mix flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Put this mixture into the bread cube mixture and then add raisins and sliced apples. Now divide this mixture evenly in all the 12 muffin cups.
4. Place these cups on baking sheet and then in the oven. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until get brown. After baking place the cups on wire rack for cooling. You can sprinkle powdered sugar before serving the muffins.
Number of servings 12 muffins.