1. Progresso chicken broth (1 3/4c from 32 oz carton)
2. Progresso diced tomatoes, undrained (1can about 28 oz)
3. frozen Italian green beans (2c)
4. coarsely chopped celery (3/4c about 1 to 2 med. Stalks)
5. coarsely chopped onions (3 1/2c about 2 to 3 large)
6. vegetable oil (2tbsp)
7. pepper (1/4tsp)
8. dried basil leaves (1tsp)
Cheddar Cheese Dumplings:-
1. Self rising flour (1 1/2c)
2. milk (2/3c)
3. shortening (1/4c)
4. ground mustard (2tsp)
5. shredded sharp cheddar cheese (1/2c about 2 oz)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a Dutch oven of 4 to 5 quarter, place it over medium heat. Heat oil in it. Add celery and onions in it and cook them by stirring constantly until they get soft.
2. Mix the remaining stew ingredients in it and keep it to boil. Turn down the heat to low and keep it to simmer uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes until the beans get soft.
3. Take a bowl of medium size, mix flour and mustard with fork in it. Cut in the shortening until it looks like crumbs. Add cheese and milk in it and mix it until the dry ingredients get moistened to form dough.
4. Then drop the dough into the simmering stew by tablespoonfuls. Cover it and cook it for about 20 to 25 minutes over low heat until the dumplings get soft when pressed.
Number of servings – 6