1. Boneless beef bottom or top round, cut into 1-inch pieces (2lb)
2. sliced onion (2med.)
3. carrots, cut-up into ¼-inch slices (4med. About 2cups)
4. all purpose flour (3tbsp)
5. water (1/4c)
6. pepper (1/4tsp)
7. ground mustard (1tsp)
8. dried thyme leaves (1tsp)
9. salt (1 1/2tsp)
10. dry red wine or Progresso flavored broth (3/4c from 32 oz carton)
11. Green giant sliced mushrooms, drained (2jars about 4.5 oz each)
12. diced tomatoes undrained (1can about 14.5 oz)
13. sliced onion (2med.)
14. sliced celery stalks (2 med. About 2 c)
1. Original bisquick (1 1/2c)
2. milk (1/2c)
3. crushed dried sage leaves (1/4tsp)
4. dried thyme leaves (1/2tsp).
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a slow cooker of 4 to 5 quarter; mix all the ingredients of stew except flour and water in it. Cover the cooker and set it at low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
2. Take a small bowl, mix flour and water in it and then slowly mix it into the beef mixture.
3. Take another small bowl to prepare dumplings by mixing bisquick, sage and ½ teaspoon of thyme in it and then mix milk in it to for dough. Then drop the dough into the hot beef stew by spoonfuls.
4. Now set the heat of slow cooker to high. Cover it and then keep it to cook for about 25 to 35 minutes until the knife inserted in the middle of dumplings comes out clean. Now it is ready to serve. Serve it at once.
Number of servings – 8