Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings RecipeCategory: Bisquick Chicken Recipe, Bisquick Dumpling Recipes
1. Bisquick (1 1/4c)
2. salt (1/2tsp)
3. chopped onion (1/2c)
4. chopped celery (1/2c)
5. freshly chopped parsley leaves (2tbsp)
6. cornmeal (1/3c)
7. red hot pepper sauce (6 drops)
8. chili powder (1tsp)
9. vegetable juice cocktail (12 ounces)
10. vegetable stock or chicken or beef (13 ¾ ounces)
11. diced potatoes (2c)
12. cubed cooked chicken (2c)
13. beans (9 ounces)
14. milk (2/3c)
15. cheddar or American cheese (1c)
16. chicken broth (1 1/2c)
Method of preparation:-
1. Take a Crock-pot, place the beans in it. Add chicken broth, potatoes, chicken, onion, celery, vegetable juice, salt, chili powder and hot pepper sauce in it.
2. Mix all these ingredients and cover the pot and cook it for about 4 hours on low heat. Change the heat to high and cook it until the mixture gets bubbly. Add water in it if needed.
3. Take a bowl, prepare the dumplings in it by mixing cornmeal, bisquick, parsley, ½ cup of cheese in it and then add milk in it and mix it until it gets moistened. Then drop this mixture into the stew in the pot.
4. Cover the pot and cook it for about 2 ½ hours. Don’t lift the cover while cooking. Dust the remaining cheese on dumplings.
More Bisquick Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken and Cornmeal Dumplings Recipe
- Vegetable Stew with Herbs Dumplings Recipe
- Chili and Meatballs With Cornmeal Dumplings Recipe
- Chicken Soup With Potato Dumplings Recipe
- Chicken Stew With Classic Dumplings Recipe
- Autumn Chicken Stew Dumplings Recipe
- Tomato Vegetable Stew With Cheddar Cheese Dumplings Recipe
- Meatball Stew With Dumplings Recipe