This is one of my favorite quick Bisquick cookie recipes that doesn’t get pulled on an internet search. Thought you might like to include it, as it is a wonderful fall seasonal cookie. I first used it in the 1980s.
1. 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2. 1/2 cup granulated sugar
3. 1/3 cup margarine or butter softened
4. 1 egg
5. 1 teaspoon vanilla
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
7. 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
8. 2 cups Bisquick
9. 1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Method of preparation:-
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Beat sugars, butter, egg, vanilla, allspice and cinnamon until smooth and creamy. Stir in Bisquick and nuts if desired.
3. Drop dough by slightly rounded teaspoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake until light brown for 12 to 15 minutes. Immediately remove from cookie sheet.
High altitudes (3500 to 6000 feet): Decrease Bisquick mix to 1 1/2 cups; add 1/2 cup all purpose flour.
Note: We are thankful to Peggy Eizans for contributing this recipe for site.